25 Ways to Savor the Last Days of Summer
Written by John Wesley of PickTheBrain.
Labor Day has passed, the kids are back in school, and summer is officially over. It's exciting to get back to the normal routine, but a bit depressing at the same time. Fortunately, the warm weather and carefree attitude should linger for another couple weeks, giving you one last chance to enjoy your favorite summer activities.
Here are 25 ways you can enjoy the summer before it disappears for 9 long months.
- Go to the pool.
- Go to a baseball game.
- Use as many vacation days as you can. Once the year gets back to full swing, you might not get a chance to use them.
- Take a day trip to a lake.
- Sit outside and drink a cold glass of iced tea or lemonade.
- Have a barbeque.
- Set off some fireworks.
- Wear sandals as much as possible.
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to the beach.
- Take a long walk with no particular destination.
- Go camping for a weekend.
- Take out your bike for a nice long ride.
- Go to a carnvial or fair.
- Have dinner at a restaurant and sit outside.
- Wash your car.
- Go fishing.
- Shoot hoops outside.
- Play tennis.
- Go out for ice cream.
- Set up a sprinkler for the kids to run through (or yourself)
- Eat popcicles.
- Go on a hike.
- Read a book in the sun.
- Fly a kite.
That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's more. Add your personal favorites in the comments. I'm off to enjoy the last days of summer myself!
Enjoy the post? Then subscribe to the blog!